Thursday, March 25, 2010

Journal # 7 "The Beginners Guide to Interactive Virtual Field Trips," by Jan Zanetis. Nets-2 & 5

Zabetis, Jan. (2010, March/April). The Beginner's guide to interactive virtual field trips. International Society for Technology & Education, 37(6), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=March_April_No_6_1&Template=/MembersOnly.cfm&NavMenuID=4516&ContentID=25443&DirectListComboInd=D
Reading this article gives hope to the kids that don't get the opportunity to go out and go to those field trips and yet still have a day of fun that they can learn something and get away from the day to day work. I think it stinks that with such little money going into the schools that field trips are being cut out ( understandably), but they were always a favorite of mine as a kid and it was the excitement of leaving the school and having a new adventure!
#1. Would I use this technology in my classroom? Yes I think I would because at least the kids can have a day where they are learning inside the classroom, but their mind is outside of the world they are in everyday. I think it's kinda of an amazing idea in the way that they can see even more than on a regular field trip. Yeah you can see the monkeys at the zoo, but you can show them the pyramids through the internet when they would never get that opportunity. I think it's a good way idea for such a sad situation in the schools right now.
#2 How could you make the day even more interactive?
I think I would tell the kids where we were going so that they could bring some sort of clothing that might represent the day in a way. I know everyone is touchy about everything these days in schools, but if the parents allowed to have them wear some attire that would connect with the country they were going to see. I think just for fun for the kids and maybe a little more imagination thrown in!


No comments:

Post a Comment